Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Gratitude

Noesheen spent most of last week sick, which meant throw-up was in and appetites were out. Nothing scares me more than when my child is ill, but I am so grateful for the power of prayer and the priesthood. I am also so grateful for a child who has so much faith that when her spirit picks up she exclaims, "Mom, Jesus made me better!"
I am so grateful to be mother of a child, who even when she is ill will pray for all her cousins and other members of the family who are also unwell....then she will pause after pleading on their behalf and say, "and bless Noesheen...she is very sick"
Some times I think I am learning more from her, then she is from me. So when she runs around church, won't sit through the entire primary class and would rather sit in the adult Sunday School class and sits facing the back of the chapel instead of the front during sacrament so she can prop her drawing book on back of the pew....I try not to get soo frustrated and remember what my Dad always said...."Each child is different...you need to teach then according to their style"...I just take a deep breathe and say..."thank you for such an energetic, full of faith child"

1 comment:

Whitney said...

It is no fun when they are sick. I always feel so bad for them. Motherhood can be hard, but it is so rewarding. I love it. She is so cute!!! You are one lucky mom!!