Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Sherneez's Birthday!

It was my youngest sister, Sherneez's (or neez as we call her) 16th birthday this last Sunday. We had a little get together at my mom's place and pigged out! I was incharge of the birthday cake, and because I was so busy on Saturday I had one of friends make the main cake while I baked the cupcakes. So what Neez got in the end was a chocolicious experience, a main cake surrounded by 16 choc cupcakes with a candle each. Noesheen had fun as well and suggested that we add stars to the cupcakes and smarties to the cake, which turned out to be a wonderful idea!


















There was method to my mad color combo for Neez's cake...I told her that she should never forget as she grows up about who she is, her roots and what she was raised to do, think and act. I also joked with her that she had to have go on 16 group dates with 16 different guys before she could date steadily! It has been amazing to watch this little girl grow up, she has a unique personality of her own. She is also such a fun aunt, Sheen loves to go to church with her and hang out with her.

Sheen had so much fun eating all the decorations and stuffing her face with cake, like all kids she was made for birthdays! Only one drawback though, my camera went flat...before my other sister arrived and so I missed all the other shots!

But here are some pictures of Sheen, Neez, my mom, myself and my brother's daughter Ciara.




1 comment:

Tora Family said...

mmmm...that cake looks yummy - well done! I have to make a cake for Gabriel's 1st birthday coming up. It's tradition to make two cakes...one for everyone else to eat and one for Gabriel to dig into and eat on his own. I'm trying to be creative...but not doing so well in that department. I guess we will see how it turns out. :) Beautiful art too...you are VERY talented!