Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The story with Fairy Bread...mmmmm!!


This post is especially for my dear hawaiian friend Kamaile, Fairy Bread! Fairy Bread is very simple to make and kids love them. Traditionally, you just spread some butter on slices of white bread and cover them with sprinkles...better known here as 100's and 1000's. I cheated a bit and since i have such a sweet tooth (honestly, I will be wearing dentures when i am 40....pray for me) I used left over choc and vanilla frosting, and covered that with the sprinkles...ohh and cut the edges off the bread too please....oh and i also used as another option nutella...mmmm yummy (that's a choc hazelnut spread)....the kids loved it.
Thankyou everyone for all your nice comments on the cake...I have Zedekiah's birthday coming up and guess what cake the birthday boy's momma wants??? thats right, our good ol friend who lives in a pineapple under the sea!!

4 comments:

Kamaile said...

Thanks Simi!!! That looks so good I'm going to have to try it after baby is born. I don't know but I'm pretty sure that all that sugar is off limits when you have gestational diabetes. 11 more weeks or who knows, 10 would be better. Brenna just brought back something that's just like Nuttela from Greece and I will definately be trying it with that. Ah man, I'm salivating over here.

I still wants some of those little hotdog looking sweets that your mom would send you. I think I ate most of them since they were in my fridge. Sorry! Oh and that dish with raisens and nuts and I thinks it was rice. I don't remember much just that I want to eat it all. Wish I was there. Thanks again for the Fairy Bread.

Marie said...

We will certainly have to give the fairy bread a try. I haven't read your blog in a while, but Noesheens b-day looks like it was a complete success. She is such an angel, and I love all of her posing for the camera.

Kamaile said...

Yeah those were the yummy delights. There are a few Indian restaurants here but none of them have any sweets that I recognize, beside Lassi drinks. I love those too. Hey what is your address? I want to send something over.

Victoria said...

I think I gained 5 pounds reading all of the different spreads possible with the sprinkles! YUMMY!

I was so glad to see your comment on my blog! You will always be dear to our family! I put you on my blog update list, so I can keep track of you and your gorgeous family! :)