Wednesday, April 2, 2008

These days.....

Well since Nadim has been gone (to those of you that weren't tuned in to SIMI's BRAIN WAVES he is in New Zealand) i have been trying alittle (emphasis on a little) harder to take more pictures of Noesheen than usual. Suddenly i feel like one of the recording angels in heaven, and believe you me, its not an easy job, especially if you are a recording angel for a 3 and half year old little "big" girl. They get up to soooo much, every waking moment is an adventure...oh and some sleeping ones too!
First, there is her fetish for the puppies downstairs (aka my landlady's doggies dogs), every time Noesh is missing, i know she has made the great escape to play with the pups downstairs. And since i dont have have a camera permanently attached to my forearm, i dont have as many pictures of this as I would have liked to.









Then the there was the sunday after church, I came into her room to call her for lunch to discover Madam teaching her primary class, which existed of a handful of stuffed animals seated in row on her bed. I had to pull the camera out and observe all her facial expressions... these pictures make me truly wonder what career she will pursue when she gets older (that is not coming for another few eons, because with that i have to shudder to think of noesh all grown up...that makes me OLD and wrinkly!!! yup we will just defer that as much as we can)









Then there was the time I asked her (ever so nicely like i always do) to do a chore, i was met with silence and when i went to search for Noesh, she was absorbed in her cartoon...i am pretty sure it was "spongebox" (as she likes to call it). but the expression betrays..she looks like she is watching court dealings in progress.
So whether it is playing dress up, or thinking strategically or learning to say prayers all on her own (that has been quite the experience of broken english and hindi but i am sure Heavenly Father loved, appreciate and smiled even giggled on more than one occassion during her prayers), i feel so blessed to be able to watch this child grow...and grow along side her. What a joy motherhood is!

2 comments:

Tora Family said...

Hi Simantha - I remember you. I met you during Josephine's graduation! Glad you found our blog. You have a BEAUTIFUL daughter. It looks like you have a lot of fun with her. Patrick told me he ran into you at the store while we were in Fiji. I hope you don't mind, but we added you to our blog list so we can check in every once and a while and see what is going on with your family.

Whitney said...

Hey get on updating the blog girl. Hey I tagged you. Go to my blog to get the rules. If will give you something to update you blog on.